For those of us who start our taxes ON April 15, the rare year when April 15 falls on a Sunday is something to celebrate...A whole extra day to procrastinate!

And this year we get another whole day, thanks to Washington D.C.’s Emancipation holiday tomorrow.  Add in the fact that it’s Leap Year–which bumped the dates back yet another day–and it’s a triple triumph for the tarrying taxpayer! Today I have more important things to do. Like write an article on how to apply for jobs at Burger King.  And now that the weather’s warming up, my toenails need to be painted…

~Mark Twain

15 thoughts on “National Procrastination Day

1. Annie says:

Procrastination?? Me? Nah! I’m too desirous to get my second wind and get that refund check working for me, paying off la those bills/

2. Mickey Mills says:

I’m the king of the procrastinators. Although I do feel like I got a head start when I did my taxes on Saturday. I would’ve waited until Monday but I have other stuff I put off till Monday to do last from last week.

“You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
    What mood is that?
    Last-minute panic.” — Bill Watterson

3. Sharon says:

Why procrastinate when they’re paying me money? I did mine months ago as I wanted to spend some and start earning interest on the rest. Now, if you owe the government, then I guess it’s a different story.

You sound FAR too sensible! ;)

4. Caroline says:

Excellent! Enjoy painting your toenails. Have you picked a colour. Blue can be exciting!!

I DO have several shades of turquoise and teal… ;)

5. viewsfromsue says:

I did my federal taxes last night, April 15th. I’ll mosey along to the state tax form tonight. Don’t want to rush. :-)

Love the procrastination picture!

6. riatarded says:

Taxes are such a pain! I wish there was a system whereby we didn’t have to do them -.- Sigh!

I am waiting for them to pay up now! :D haha

7. Keoni da Kook says:

What’s my reason behind procrastinating? I’m the one that gets to paint Kana Girl’s toenails ;)

Procrastination: The art of doing what doesn’t need to be done until the deeds that need doing are no longer deadlined or done by someone else.

9. chavisory says:

Oh yeah, I guess I should send some money to the state of New York…. :P

10. dianeledet says:

So…..you’ve met the guy I work for! King of procrastination! Nice post!

11. granbee says:

The toenail painting and the Peanuts cartoon with Snoopy and his IRS letter were just perfect for 04/15/2012!

12. Talk to me...I'm your Mother says: